Sunday, September 22, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day Twenty-Two ~ Inspired by a Song


My favorite band ever is Blackmore's Night. I simply adore them. It's very Medieval/Renaissance meets Rock n Roll. Any bad that can combine electric guitars and bagpipes has my vote! This last week a lot of mani's have been popping up with an awesome smoke effect that I wanted to try. So I chose the song "Fires at Midnight". A base coat of Orly "Liquid Vinyl" with Wet n Wild "French White Creme" dabbed over the top with the watercolor technique to look like smoke. The fire on the index is Sally Hansen "Lightening", a no name orange, and Sally Hansen "Red-io Active" sponged to look like flames. Then just a very small amount of Sally Hansen "Cha-Ching" a red glitter and "Chop Chop Copper" a bronze-y copper glitter. I wanted the glitter to look like embers flying into the air.


"On the hills the fires burned at midnight,
Superstition plagued the air,
Sparks fly as the fires burn at midnight,
Stars are out and magic is here,
The stars are out and magic is here..."


No comments:

Post a Comment