Sunday, September 8, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day 8 ~ Metallic


Like my Black and White yesterday, this mani didn't want to behave. I didn't want to go with the standard silver or gold mani so I dug around in my stash and found this pretty little gem pushed to the back of my Pure Ice. "First Time" shares the same issues that most metallics have, showing every brushstroke and imperfection in the nail. It does mellow a little bit as it dries, but you can still see brushstrokes in there. Usually I like to pair green with silver, but I thought, what the heck lets go with gold. Gives it a more fall-like vibe. Maybelline "Bold Gold" is stamped with BundleMonster BM217. Again, I'm using this challenge as an excuse to use things I don't usually, and I ignore my french tip plates a lot. Well, this didn't turn out as much of a tip. To get the leaves to show up I ended up stamping nearly half way up the nail and to me that doesn't look much like a french tip. The lines aren't all that crisp either. I need to stop staring at it, I keep finding things that aren't quite right.


No comments:

Post a Comment