Wednesday, September 25, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day Twenty-Five ~ Inspired by Fashion



I have never done a fashion manicure before even though they are rather popular in the nail art world. I had no idea where to even find the dress to mimic. So I went to my ever trusty Google Image search. I just typed in "Red Carpet Dresses" and this neat gown popped up.


Apparently she is Kelly Rowland at the 2013 Grammy Awards in a Georges Chakra Couture gown. I really don't know much about any of that, but that is what it said on Google. I'm not sure I really captured the dress all that well, but it was the first time I have ever done this. I freehanded a simple french tip on all my nails but for the accent using Color Workshop french pink and white. I taped off the stripes with striping tape on my accent then used Orly "Liquid Vinyl" over the tape. Peel it off and you have the open mesh areas of the dress. Again I'm not sure I used enough tape to get the idea across, but I like it. Simple and elegant.


No comments:

Post a Comment