Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day Thirty ~ Inspired by a Tutorial


I've never done a waterfall nail art before and I still need some practice it seems. I saw the Waterfall technique on The Nailasaurus blog last week and fell in love with it. Mine didn't turn out nearly as good as theirs did so you should totally check out their blog. I would say that I just don't have a good brush for this yet, but its a poor artist who blames her tools. So I just need practice.

To do this I used shades of purples starting with Sinful Colors "Tempest" as the base. I then thought it was too dark so I used a coat of Sinful Colors "Tokyo Pearl" to lighten it up, but it was to light so a final coat of Sinful Colors "Rain Song". It was at this point I should have realize I didn't have the patience to try this today, but I pushed through. It wasn't drying fast enough for me so I slapped a coat of Seche Vite to flash dry it. Shortly after that bubbles showed up in the base color. For the streaks I used "Tempest" Sally Hansen "Grape Race" and "Grape Escape". It was awfully dark so I threw in some streaks of Maybelline "Bold Gold" to lighten it up. Not bad, but not as good as Nailasaurus does. Seriously, they are amazing!

Tomorrow is the last day of the challenge and I have no idea what I'm gonna do for it yet! But lookie! One post every day this month! That is a first for me :D


No comments:

Post a Comment