Friday, September 13, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day Thirteen ~ Animal Print

When I saw "Animal Print" all I could think of was tiger stripe, cheetah spot, or zebra stripe. I could have used the excuse to use my new MoYou plate with the tiger on it, but I really didn't want to do tiger, cheetah or zebra. I wanted to do something different. But what? Well looking at what Chalkboard Nails did a couple years ago gave me wonderful inspiration! She did a beautiful blue rainforest frog with black spots. Not wanting to do the exact thing she did I googled images of tropical fish. There are a lot of gorgeous fish out there but this one caught my eye.


The consensus seems to be it is either a Koran Angelfish of a Juvenile Emperor Angelfish. Both are very similar, just the Emperor's stripes tend to be more circular, more like a fingerprint. The electric blue edging is what attracted me to it. Here is my take on it:


I love it. I think if I ever do this again I'll make the black stripes thicker but that's about it. NYC "Skyline Blue", Sinful Colors "Endless Blue", and Stripe Rite in Black and White. To make the tips brighter I first sponged Wet n Wild "White Creme" then "Endless Blue" on top to make it more electric. Almost like a mini gradient. Here's a pic of the nails and the fish all in one.




No comments:

Post a Comment