Friday, September 27, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day Twenty-Seven ~ Inspired by Artwork


If only one good thing comes out of this challenge, it has to be that I'm less afraid of freehanding now and more willing to practice it. I simply ADORE how this turned out and is one of my best works ever. Not just of freehanding, but of all my nail art ever! *giddy happy dance*

Ahem. Sorry.

I have a few favorite paintings and most of them are by Van Gogh. I don't know why I like him, I just do. Of all of them Starry Night is my number one favorite.


Ok, how did I do this. First off I started with a gradient on all fingers of Wet n Wild "Saved By The Blue" Orly "Blue Collar" and "Saved By The Blue" again. Next I cut down an old paintbrush to a smaller size and painted the tower in Orly "Liquid Vinyl", but I should have done the wind first before the tower. For the wind I used Wet n Wild "French White Creme" and dry brushed on the wind in a stippling motion. To dull it out (the white was a bit stark) I dry brush stippled some "Saved By The Blue" in the center of the wind line. "French White Creme" was also dry brushed in tiny circles all over for the stars with a center of Sally Hansen "Lightning". Simple techniques but it was the brush that helped out so much. Proper tools make things so much easier.




No comments:

Post a Comment