Sunday, March 31, 2013

Doctor Who Nails


So yesterday may have been Easter, but it was also the return of Doctor Who! I don't have BBC America so I have to wait for iTunes to get it. Should be any hour now *refreshes page...again* Well, while I pace waiting for it to download, here is a manicure I did for a Sunday Challenge a few weeks ago for my stamping group. That week's challenge was "Nerdy Nails". I couldn't resist. It's a stamping group so it had to include stamping. On the index, middle and pinky, I painted my nails black (Wet n Wild's "Ebony Hates Chris") and sponged on some galaxies using Hot Topic's Morbid brand purple, Wet n Wild's "Teal or No Teal", and Sally Hansen's "Lightening". I stamped the tips with BundleMonster.com's BM 220 in Claire's white stamping polish. The ring finger is painted white (Sally Hansen's "White On") stamped on a blue bow-tie cause bow-ties are cool in Orly's "Blue Collar" with Claire's plate (they don't number their plates yet). A pair of stripes in China Glaze's "Hey Sailor" creates suspenders and 3 dots of "Ebony Hates Chris" for buttons down the front gives you the Eleventh Doctor's outfit.



And my thumb I covered before when I was practicing. Paint the finger white, do a gradient with Wet n Wild's "Saved by the Blue" and outline over the top in black. I used my Tenth Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver as a prop just because it makes me giggle.

*refreshes iTunes again*

No comments:

Post a Comment