Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lacey Half Moon


I've never really gotten behind the "Half Moon Manicure" trend. It just never really appealed to me. However, since I've created this mani for a nail art contest half moons have started to intrigue me. Paint your nails black (I used Wet n Wild's "Ebony Hates Chris") and your accent nail white (Sally Hansen "White On"). Now the fun thing I did with the stamping is I used stamps traditionally used for french tips, I just placed them upside down and at the base instead of the free edge. Clever, I know. I stamped BundleMonster.com BM 217 in white (Milani's "White On The Spot") on the black nails and black (WnW "Ebony Hates Chris") on the accent. I do like how this turned out, but I do regret trying to fix the stamp on my middle finger. I should have just re-stamped it instead of adding the arch with a striper. Learn from my mistakes, friends.

And my finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment