Thursday, May 9, 2013

Nail Polish Lexicon ~ Dupes


When I got into the nail world, I ran into a lot of words I had never heard before. No matter how hard I looked I couldn't find a dictionary of these terms. So I'm gonna write one. First up is an easy one, almost self explanatory. Dupe, short for duplicate,  is used to refer to polishes that are so close as to be identical and usually from different brands. Here is a good example from my stash. Orly "Star Spangled", China Glaze "Ruby Pumps" and Fight Night Claw Polish "Voodoo". All are micro red glitter in a watery red base. There are minor differences, one is slightly more berry red and another more scarlet red, or the density of the glitter is higher in some than it is in others, but in all honesty? They are pretty much the same polish.

Orly, China Glaze, and Fright Night Claw Polish.
Orly "Star Spangled"
China Glaze "Ruby Pumps"
Fright Night Claw Polish "Voodoo"

No comments:

Post a Comment