Friday, May 3, 2013

Liquid Sand


Ok, so textured polish is all the rage right now and I figured I'd like to give it a shot. But most of these polishes are stupid expensive. So imagine my glee when I stumbled across someone selling polishes at a local farmer's market for 2.50 a bottle!! I got 9 Orlys (I only had one bottle of that brand so I figured now was as good as any time to fill up on that brand) and this OPI. It's from the Mariah Carey collection and its a lovely purple gritty glitter called "Can't Let Go".


I'm kind of torn when it comes to this "textured" fad in polish right now. It's cool to have new things and effects in polish, but the sandpaper-y feel bugs me. I'm not sure I can get comfortable wearing it. Check out close ups of this polish after the jump.




2 coats are needed to bring out the best of the color and texture. Not using a top coat bugs me a bit.


Indoor shot of the polish. I love the sparks of glitter and there are some larger hex glitter in there that you don't have to fish for. The glitter is well suspended in the polish.


In the sun you can see even more sparkles of glitter.


And because I can't see instructions like "don't use top coat" and I just have to see what happens when you do. I like it, but let me warn you, the top coat I used was some Seche Vite that was VERY thick. I don't have the special thinner for Seche so when I get to the bottom of the bottle I buy a new one and pour them together. I just got a new bottle but haven't used it enough to make room for the old thick polish to be poured in yet. So this is one coat, but it is a VERY, VERY thick coat of thickened polish. If I had to guess I'd say it would equal 4 or 5 coats of normal top coat.


And a sunny shot of top coated sand. You can see the glassy finish the top coat gave it.


And because I was curious, here it is stamped with Milani "White On The Spot". I do like how the stamped polish takes on the texture from below it.

I still have to just bite the bullet and wear it on my own fingers for a day, but the sandpaper feel just bothers me. I think I'd keep picking on it, or worse, I'd push my hair back and it would get tangled in my hair. I just have to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment