Monday, November 11, 2013

Jack-o-Lantern

Well time really got away from me. I got slammed in Oct trying to finish Halloween costumes and I went weeks, WEEKS, with naked nails. In late Oct I broke nearly each nail when I went camping. Nubby nails is depressing so I didn't do much painting. Shame too, because I had so many ideas for Halloween nails. Then real life took a turn for the worse in Nov with medical issues in the family. So while I'm sorry for the unannounced hiatus, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things now. No promises tho, work is picking up and I'm working a lot of hours these weeks.

Enough of that sad talk. Let's get to the nails!


My mom is the best :) I was talking to her the other day about my collection of polishes and mentioned all my oranges are so red or fluorescent. That my only good pumpkin orange was a tiny bottle that didn't even have a name. That day while I was at work she hit a couple stores and got me 2 new oranges. "Sun Kissed" by Sally Hansen and this one "Clementine" by Sinful Colors. A week later a friend gave me "Tangerine Tint" by Finger Paints. I went from one tiny bottle to 3 full sized bottles. I love my friends and family! The detail of the Jack-o-Lantern's face is done in Wet n Wild "Black Creme" freehanded with a dotting tool. This was the last Halloween mani I did before real life got in the way, but I might do more just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment