Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Funk-Breaking Holos


Ok, so I didn't post alot the last few months. I just couldn't help it. I had no motivation, no inspiration, no nothing. I sat and stared at my polishes then just got up and played MineCraft. I just couldn't get into it. Stuck in a funk, I asked my nail polish friends what I could do to get out of it. The majority of the advice? Stop trying to force it, grab one color for your nails, don't bother with art, and go do something else. So ignoring nail art all together I grabbed my fav holo (if I'm gonna just wear one polish it will be a fabulous one) Layla "Silver Mercury" and "Flash Black" for an accent. I prepped the nails with black undies but I think in the future I'll prep "Silver Mercury" with silver instead. Then played video games, or read books, or watched TV. It took a week or so, but I think I might have broken the funk for now. The fact that my nails are the longest I've ever gotten them to be has helped a lot too (tho now that I've said that I'm sure they will break soon :P ) I'm back to art and not feeling so lethargic. Sometimes you just need to take a break. Even if its from something you love.

2 comments:

  1. I♥holos! I only have their blue one before they stopped selling them in stores. Gotta hop online one of these days to get more. I never thought of using nail polish underneath them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, aren't they amazing! Using an undercoat will stretch your polish further so you don't blow thru it so fast. Also with holos the more coats you put on the muddier the holo effect can get so use an undercoat and you won't have to use many coats of the holo itself.

    ReplyDelete