Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year Everyone! Here is a mani inspired mostly by a woman in my nail polish group who got the idea from Diana's mani. She stamped white fireworks over a sponged on color and the color bled thru the white. I don't have many colors that will stamp over black so I thought that was an awesome idea! Her colors bled up into the white, but I don't own any KleanColor polishes so I thought I would use a sheer white for the same effect. Well, my white wasn't as sheer as I thought it would be, but I still like it.

Ok, wait. I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me explain the mani a step at a time. First I painted all the nails with Wet n Wild "Black Creme". Then I sponged some metallic colors in spots. Index, ring and pinkie were all sponged with Ellen Tracy polishes I got for Christmas but as far as I can tell they don't have names. Middle is sponged with Sally Hansen "Red-io Active" and the thumb with China Glaze "Tree Hugger". The thumb didn't turn out as cute so there isn't many pics of it.



Then I stamped over the color splotches with Sally Hansen "French White Creme". The idea is the white isn't that strong and you should be able to see the color thru it. I guess it was stronger than I gave it credit for, because the color doesn't show thru at all. I used MoYou Pro 06 (favorite plate!). I don't have a stamp of fireworks, but the dandelion puff made a good firework. I used the smaller puff for the pinkie, but wish I had used the bigger one.



Finally the year. I've been itching to use the identifying numbers and collection names ever since I saw the MoYou plates had etched the names on the plates. On my thumb I used the numbers on the MoYou plates, but they were very small. So on the Index I used BundleMonster numbers and it looks so much better. And I used plate BM201 so I only needed to add the 4 from BM204 to the end of the 201. Did that make sense? I stamped with Claire's unnamed white stamping polish. Here's a pic of the plates, maybe it will make that more clear.


And there you have it! This mani was a lesson in carefully placing stamps, which I still need to work on. Not a bad New Year's mani, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment