Wednesday, January 22, 2014

3 Purple Challenge

My purples always photograph blue. I have no idea why.

So  for 2013 the color of the year was supposed to be Jade. I'm not sure what that means, but I love green in all its forms. This year it's supposed to be Orchid so I'm anticipating seeing alot of purples this year. Keeping that in mind I really wasn't surprised to see that this week's stamping challenge was to use 3 purples. What I didn't realize is that I really don't have many purples that look good together. 2 purples would have been easy, but 3 was harder than I thought it would be. I finally settled on the base color Sally Hansen "Grape Race". The ring finger accent is Sally Hansen "Grape Escape" and the rest is Ellen Tracey no name metallic purple using BundleMonster BM322. I wasn't sure I liked how hard it is too see the Ellen Tracy on the other fingers, but its growing on me. I don't think the mani will last long, however. After only a couple hours a break in the paint formed in the middle finger that you can see in the picture. I can't believe it happened so quickly. That tells me it will chip easily. More than likely it won't make it thru work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment