Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Red and Gold Gradient-Holiday Manicures 2012 #1

Well, the holiday season is in full swing so that means I'm working a crazy amount of hours at work (yay retail :P ). While I told myself I was gonna keep this blog updated, time has slipped away from me. Sorry. So to make it up I'm gonna (try) to keep posting some holiday manicures. I'm not gonna say I'll post one every day cause then I'll feel bad when I don't, but I'll try, maybe. Love how decisive I am? First up is a simple gradient. I bought this gold for a buck at my grocery store. I'll be honest, it didn't look all that pretty in the bottle, but I hadn't heard of the brand before and was willing to give it a shot. "Everglade Sparkle" by Princessa is a kinda of greenish gold. What did impress me was the, well, "texture" I guess is the right word. Its not really a flakie, glitter, or shimmer. If anything it reminds me of gold leaf foil used for crafting and scrap-booking  It's hard to explain but I was fascinated by it after using it.


I painted the whole nail gold then sponged China Glaze's "Hey Sailor" on the tips. It took a bit of work at the tips because it didn't want to cover all the way, but with some persistence I got it solid. I like it, but I think it's still missing something. What do you guys think? What should I add or change to spice this up?

Well off to work. Hope to talk to you guys later!!
<3 Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment