Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Just Google It"

I've always had a mild interest in nail polish. I think up till last year I had a dozen or so polishes. Nothing fancy, just some glitters and some favorite colors. But last year that all changed rather drastically. On a random whim I painted my nails. I hadn't done it for years but I was feeling pretty that day. My co-worker noticed and we started chatting bout polish. Then she mentioned doing something I had never heard of, water marbling. She tried for several minutes to describe just what it was then, frustrated she said "just look it up on Google." So I did. And oh my goodness! The doors to Nail Art just blew open in my face! I was stunned not only by the water marbling but by the concept of nail art. After a little research, a few polishes, and an absurd amount of enthusiasm, I tried my first marble.

My First Water Marble
Sally Hansen's "Purple Potion" and CoverGirl's Nailslicks "Silver Belle"

I think if that first attempt didn't go as well as it did then thing may have turned out differently. However things did go very well and I was in love! That was just over a year ago. My dozen or so polishes are nearly 300 now. I've attempted so very many techniques and have had so much fun every step of the way. Now I'd like to share what I've learned for the next girl out there who was told to "just Google it."

No comments:

Post a Comment