Friday, November 30, 2012

Crushed Glass


So one of the girls at work picked up this little dish we sell. It was made of recycled glass and though it was smooth, it looked like the glass had been crushed then fused back together. Very pretty. She stared at it for a bit then told me I should try and do something like that for my nails. Good idea, so here's my attempt to recreate the effect. Here I have a base coat of Elmer's glue (Check out Wacky Laki's tutorial for this awesome basecoat!) 2 coats of "Caribbean Frost" by Wet n Wild's Wild Shine followed by "Happy Holidaze!" by Wet n Wild's Fastdry. The picture doesn't do it much justice, the color is a very sparkly teal. Then over that I stamped the broken glass image from Bundle Monster's BM-208 plate with "Silver Mercedes" by Pure Ice. Follow it up with a topcoat of Seche Vite. Hopefully tonight at work I'll remember to get a pic of the dish for comparison shots, but in case something tragic happens to the manicure before I get there I'm posting this now. I'm still working on perfecting the glue basecoat and its been known to peel off before I'm ready for it to be removed. More on that another day tho, I have to get ready for work right now :)

Update: Here ya go!


No comments:

Post a Comment