Friday, January 18, 2013

Holo Love


I have fallen head over heels in love with holographic nail polish. I only own the one so far, but China Glaze will be coming out with a line this summer and I simply can't wait. Fair warning though, I have never found one that could be considered "cheap". The one I'm sporting above was 14-16 dollars a bottle, the most I've ever paid for polish. Well, I had a coupon, but its still expensive. One thing I haven't been able to do yet is find a top coat that will preserve the holo effect. All topcoats I've tried have "muddied" it and made it disappointing.

This is 2 coats of Layla "Mercury Twilight". I had it on my nails for a couple days,just staring at the shifting colors before adding the stamping on the side. I wanted to dress it up a little with out covering the holo. The stamp is BundleMonster.com BM206 in Wet n Wild Fastdry "Ebony Hates Chris". No topcoat so the stamping wears out on the tip fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment