Thursday, August 17, 2023

Tropical Sunset



Tropical summers aren't really my thing. I'm more of a State Park/National Forest type of girl, but you cant deny how gorgeous an island sunset is. I decided to do an odd gradient and WOW! I had no idea just how cool that would turn out! I'm rather proud of how the stamp complimented the gradient so much!




I didn't get a picture of the sponge I used to make the gradient, but I think you can get the idea. I started with a dot of Sunblaze (Yellow). Then I did like an arch over the top of that with Honeydew (Orange) and another of that with Pumps (Magenta). Then I did just a solid bottom of Alice (Blue). Using Straigh Up Black I stamped with MXM077 and tried to line up the sun with the yellow dot in the center. 



Now let me tell you about the top coat I used. I've always used quick dry top coats cause I'm fascinated by just how fast they dry my polish. But you have to be careful when topcoating stamping, especially black stamping. You have to kind of "float" the coat over the polish or you do run the risk of smearing it. And sometimes it smears no matter how careful you are. It sucks, but it happens. Honestly when I first heard of "Smudge Free Top Coat" I really thought it was a gimmick. Like when polishes say they are "gel like". I'm sorry. If it doesn't take a light to cure, its not a gel. So I may have rolled my eyes and said "Whatever" to "Smudge Free".  Well, Maniology has a point program and I had gotten enough points built up to get a free top coat. I figured I'd give it a shot. It was free anyway. You guys, I have not had it smear at stamp yet. I'm sure I could force a smear, but so far its been very clean. 


 
See! Crisp lines! Now it's not all amazing. It does have an odd smell, not quite like polish does, and it takes FOREVER to dry. Sometimes it doesn't dry hard at all, but stays tacky. I just use a regular fast dry topcoat on top of it anyway. I've heard that it is a water-based polish. That's why it has an odd smell and doesn't smear. Polish and water don't mix so it shouldn't smudge. Or it could be magic. Either way I do recommend it as a step to sealing in your stamping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment