Monday, July 8, 2019

Kiss Nail Dress Stickers



Full transparency here: I've never been a fan of finger stickers. They may seem like such time savers and there are some fantastic designs out there, but the actual techniques, the logistics of it, I don't like. But I was willing to give it a shot. Maybe I was wrong about them. Spoiler warning: I wasn't.



So I've always been under the impression that nail polish strips were actual nail polish, painted thin so you can peel it up and put it on your nail. These arn't. They don't smell like polish and are actually thick and strong. They make me think of vinyl. They do give you alot of sizes and tips. If you're careful you can get a few manicures out of one package. If you just do accent nails, a lot more than that.


My biggest issue with them was the end that you file off the excess. It leaves a jagged edge that picks up fuzz and fur constantly. With my nails in particular, I have a decent C curve (the arch of the nail side to side) but I also have a Transverse Curve (a curve of the nail from cuticle to tip). Both of these curves means nearly all the full nail sized sticker I use wrinkles. I just don't have the skill to make it lay flat.


Jagged tips after just a day or two. The adhesive is very good and the stickers stayed on thru showers and hand washing, but they still just don't impress me.

No comments:

Post a Comment