Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Mani x Me


 I did it. I finally got a subscription to the Maniology Mani x Me boxes. Curious, is it Mani and Me? Or is it Mani by Me? Both ways work. Sorry, I'm getting sidetracked. I'm excited to show you January's box even though it's almost time for February. I'd apologize but by now you guys know I'm just not a fast blogger lol! I have to admit, I took these photos after I already opened the boxes. I was excited. 


And the very first time you order a subscription box they send you a mini scraper and a rectangular stamper. Every thing came well packed. This month's theme was Art Nouveau. 

There are 2 subscription boxes available from Maniology. The first comes with 2 plates, 2 polishes, and something extra, this time it was some stickers. There is a cheaper option, however, that is exactly the same it just doesn't come with the polishes. Let's take a closer look inside after the jump:



These arn't mini bottles. These are full size stamping polishes. Thick enough to stamp well, altho the creamy white struggles over dark colors like any pale polish would, they are also thin enough to use as a base color as well. 

2 full sized, standard rectangular plates. Etched well and detailed. It should be noted that these plates will NEVER be available for sale outside of the Mani x Me box. Maniology won't sell these outside of the subscription box.

Every month comes with an "Extra Gift". This month is these gold foil stickers. I've never used stickers much but these are kinda neat.

The first time you sign up for a Mani x Me box you get a free ice cube stamper and mini scraper. This is so clever for people new to stamping. This way you can use your plates the day you get em. I'm sure people have made the mistake in the past of buy plates not knowing you need these tools to make em work. 

Here is the creamy polish used as a base coat. It has this warm gold shimmer to it that I'm loving. But like most shimmers or frosts, brush strokes can be an issue so just be mindful of that when using it as a base.

Up close of brush strokes left in polish. It's subtle so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I decided to mimic the mani they used as a demo for this box. The dark puple outline is the polish that also came with the box. I filled it in with a lilac from LA Colors and the green is from China Glaze. 

This is why I'm loving the ice cube stamper almost more than the double ended one. Such a clear image and the handle doesn't get in the way of seeing it.

I really like these flowery plates. They lend very well to reverse stamping.

Oh I almost forgot. It also came with this fun sticker!

Now this didn't come with the box. I bought this seperate. This is their "Sticky Base Coat". I used it over the creamy base color to make the reverse stamp stick better. I'm also expirimenting with it and pigment powders. I wonder if you can use this instead of a no wipe UV top coat.

But that's a post for another day. Till then, Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment