Friday, September 20, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day Twenty ~ Water Marble


This prompt made me giggle. I love Water Marbles! They are what got me into nail art in the first place and will always hold a soft spot in my heart. But where to start? With all the colors under the sun at my disposal, what to do? I really thought about my go-to color, green, but my last marble was green. As I sat at my desk my eye caught on a bag of polishes I just bought. 2 of my new colors, Milani "Wild Violet" and Sinful Colors "Tokyo Pearl", really reminded me of that very first water marble. I decided that if I was gonna redo that first mani, something had to be different. I'm still perfecting swirls instead of the classic petal style marble. I still have work to do there, but otherwise it turned out pretty neat. I did a base coat of "Tokyo Pearl" on all the nails, but Pearl didn't want to marble, so for the actual marble I used China Glaze "Ice Cap".

My original water marble, 2 or 3 years ago, my first nail art ever:


This is the traditional petal style marble using Cover Girl Nailslicks "Silver Belle" and Sally Hansen "Purple Potion". And this ends the Pattern section of the Challenge. Tomorrow starts the Inspired By portion. I'm gonna have a lot of fun with that :D


No comments:

Post a Comment